How can I make my own Bee-Friendly Zone?
Just decide how big your BFZ will be and decide what you will do to make it Bee-Friendly.
To make it Bee-Friendly, there are two things you must do in a BFZ:
- Keep it free from all synthetic chemicals, especially insecticides
- Plant some Bee-Friendly flowers
You could also:
- Plant Bee-Friendly trees
- Turn a patch of wasteland into a BFZ by sowing wild flower seeds
- Make a bumblebee nest box
- Discover how to garden without using insecticides or weed-killers
- Leave undisturbed, wild areas in your garden
- Get together with friends and neighbours to make your BFZ bigger!
- Join the Friends of the Bees and help make your town more bee-friendly!
What else can I do to help the bees?